Soft and fluffy cupcakes with sharp and oozing raspberries filled with a simple smooth and sweet butter cream.
I currently have an obsession with baking with raspberries! It's one of my favourite fruits to bake with after blueberries and strawberries. These are yet another treat to be given to the kids teachers, I take something in them once every one to two weeks. Today I decided to put the buttercream in the center rather than on top simply because it is easier to get them to the school in one piece.
150g self raising gluten free or normal flour (add 1tsp of xantham gum if using gluten free flour)
150g butter, softened
3 large eggs
100g butter, softened
200g icing/confectioners sugar, sifted plus extra for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC. Prepare a cupcake/muffin tray with 12 cases (amount of cases needed can vary depending on the size of the cases used)
2. Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
3. Mix in the eggs until the mixture is nice and light and bubbly.
4. Gently mix in the flour until just mixed, you do not want to over mix at this point or the flour will make the mixture stiffen up and less fluffy.
5. Pour the raspberries into a bowl (saving 12 for later, 1 for each cupcake) lightly cover in flour to stop the raspberries from sinking in the oven.
6. Divide the cake mixture equally into the cases, adding around 4/5 raspberries per cupcake, making sure they are covered with cake mixture then bake for around 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Place the cupcakes on a cooling rack.
8. Leave to cool.
9. With an electric hand mixer, slowly mix together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
10. Carefully slice the cupcakes in half, add a heaped teaspoon of butter cream in the middle or use a piping bag, add a raspberry in the center as a little extra hidden surprise then sandwich the two halves together.
11. Place cupcakes in 12 new cupcake cases then sprinkle with a dusting of icing sugar before serving.
12. Keep in an air tight container for up to 2 days. Only keep in the fridge if you have a hot kitchen.
Check out my recipe folder for more goodies to make claremanson.deviantart.com/gal…
For W.I.Ps and other updates you can also check out my facebook page www.facebook.com/claremanson