Rich chocolate pots made with After Eight pieces, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with broken after eight pieces.
Even though they are after eight pieces they are not minty at all as they do not have the mint cream in them so is just plain dark chocolate.
100g dark chocolate (semi sweet)
150g double cream (heavy cream)
70g caster sugar
OPTIONAL: 1 egg white (this makes it more light and fluffy but I don't eat raw eggs so don't add it when this is for me)
You could also add a few drops of flavouring like mint or orange if you wanted
1. Melt chocolate, leave to cool but not harden whilst you prepare the other ingredients
2. Whip together the cream and 50g of the sugar (or all of the sugar if not adding egg whites) until thick, then set aside.
3. OPTIONAL: With an electric mixer, whisk egg white to a soft peak. Add remaining sugar and continue whisking until stiff but not dry, set aside.
4. Fold the slightly cooled chocolate into cream and gently mix together with a spoon. Then beat in one tablespoon of 5. egg white before folding in the rest.
6. Once thoroughly mixed pour into ramekins and refrigerate for at least one hour
7. Serve with whipped cream, some biscuits, a sprinkling of icing sugar, whatever you fancy and enjoy.
More baking with After Eight pieces
food gallery claremanson.deviantart.com/gal…www.facebook.com/claremanson