I have had these wonderful cool mint oreos since christmas from a lovely friend who sent then to me from America as you can't buy them here in the UK.
I have been waiting and waiting for a special occasion to finally open them for and now have one as tomorrow is fathers day here in the UK so i have made one for my dad and one for my boyfriend though i am sure the kids will end up having most of it.
The following quantities are rough estimates and will vary depending on the size of the glasses you use and personal taste so try as you go and adjust accordingly . I also used an online conversion chart for different weights so fingers crossed they are correct or near enough.
10 Mint Oreo's
115g (8 tbsp = = 1/2 cup = 1 stick = 4 oz) Cream Cheese (i use Philadelphia)
85g (5.5tbsp = 1/3 cup = 85ml = 2.8oz) Double/Heavy Cream
40-50g (3tbsp = 1/4 cup = 1/3 stick = 1.7oz) Butter, melted
1. Separate enough cookies from the mint cream with a knife to just be able to cover the base of your chosen glass/container then add to separate bowls.
2. Crush the cookies then add the melted butter until wet but not dripping to form the base.
3. Whip cream until you have stiff peaks.
4. Mix the mint cream with some cream cheese, fold in the cream. (OPTIONAL: If you think your cheesecake needs to be a little sweeter add a couple tbsp of icing/confectioners/powdered sugar) Add to the mixture to the base then refrigerate until cooled and set (20 minutes minimum)
5. Store in an air tight container and consume within 3 days.
food gallery claremanson.deviantart.com/gal…
my recipes claremanson.deviantart.com/gal…