I was so determined to make these again. I mentioned in my previous upload of jam doughnut muffins that i had only made muffins once before, they were oreo muffins and was a complete failure.
So here we are, 1 1/2 years later, a lot more experienced with baking and making jam doughnut muffins. I had lots of batter so decided to half the mixture and use one half to attempt Oreo muffins again. This time i am a lot happier with how they turned out.
Recipe same as jam muffins but instead of jam i added some oreos.
Basic Recipe taken from the book 1 Mix, 50 Muffins which i got a few years back as a christmas present.
Oil or melted butter for greasing a muffin tin if you don't plan on using cases
280g/10oz plain white flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
115g/4oz caster sugar
2 medium eggs
200ml/7 fl oz milk
6 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6
2. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with cases.
3. Sift together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl then stir in the sugar.
4. Lightly beat eggs then beat in milk, oil and vanilla.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then pour in the wet ingredients. Stir gently until just combined, do not over-mix.
6. Break up Oreos roughly into quarters, roll them in flour on a plate or shallow bowl to help the oreos stick to the batter so they wont sink to the bottom while baking.
7. bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until well risen, golden and firm to touch.
8. Leave muffins to cool on a wire rack.
food gallery [link]
my recipes [link]
Polymer Clay gallery [link]
my Etsy store [link]